1. Advertising is separate from content.
(1) Advertising cannot influence editorial decisions or editorial content. Advertisers or sponsors have no prior knowledge of editorial content, nor should the editors shape content to support advertising.
(2) Advertising should be clearly distinguishable from editorial content. Journal of Materials Informatics (JMI) will not publish "advertorial" content, and sponsored supplements should be clearly stated as such.
(3) JMI does not endorse any product or service identified as an advertisement or promoted by a sponsor in JMI publications.
(4) Advertisers and sponsors have no control or influence over the results of keyword searching or subject searching a user may conduct on the JMI website.
2. JMI reserves the right to accept or reject advertising or sponsorship proposals. If the rejection happens, JMI will provide an explanation and allow the advertiser to modify or submit a replacement.
3. JMI has the final authority over where advertisements appear. All clauses of advertising position in the advertising contract are treated as requests. JMI cannot guarantee fixed advertising. If any advertisement is beyond JMI specifications, then a request should be made to the editorial board, who will respond with a full explanation and final decision within three business days.
4. JMI, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to discontinue publication of any advertisement previously accepted if the Editor(s)-in-Chief or JMI Editors request its removal.
5. All advertisements and products must be compliant with the relevant laws, regulations and industry codes in the country where they will be seen. Advertisements of pharmaceutical products (including New Drug Application products) that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulates must conform to the US FDA rules on advertising.
6. All advertisements shall be submitted in a file format that JMI accepts. Advertisers shall allow the access of JMI to the marketing authorization and overview of product attributes when submitting their advertisements. All advertisements must clearly and prominently identify the advertiser by trademark or signature.
7. Proprietary names of pharmaceutical products must be accompanied by the chemical, generic, or official name; the quantity of all active substances must be stated along with the recommended dosage.
Each page of an advertisement for a prescription-only drug should be clearly labeled as intended for health professionals.
New advertisement copies and creative for pharmaceutical products should be sent to the advertising department. Please allow two weeks for clearance.
8. In consideration of the publication of an advertisement, the advertiser and the agency, jointly and severally, agree to indemnify and hold harmless JMI, its officers, agents and employees against any costs (including legal fees) and losses resulting from the publication of the advertisement, including, without limitation, any claims or suits for libel, privacy violations, copyright infringement, or plagiarism.
9. JMI reserves the right to hold the advertiser and/or its advertising agency jointly and severally liable for any past-due or unpaid amounts owed to JMI in the event of nonpayment. If the advertiser delays remittances for more than thirty days, or if the advertiser becomes a bankrupt or insolvent or gets involved in insolvency proceedings, JMI has the right to cancel any order.
10. JMI reserves the right to remove any advertisement at any time, if JMI is instructed to do so by any law enforcement agency, court, or government agency.
11. JMI is not responsible for incidental or consequential damage for errors in displaying or printing advertising.
12. The advertiser shall obtain in advance JMI's written consent for any reference to JMI or its products or services in advertisements, promotional materials, or merchandising.
13. Any use of publication trademarks or copyrighted material for links to and from the website must be approved, in advance, by JMI. Any such unauthorized linking is prohibited.
14. JMI may change the terms set for the herein at any time, provided that no such change applies to advertisements whose closing date precedes the announcement of the change.
15. All advertisements for employment must be nondiscriminatory and comply with all applicable laws and regulations. JMI shall not accept advertisements that discriminate against applicants based on sex, age, race, religion, marital status, or physical handicap. Non-U.S. recruitment advertisers are required to certify in writing that they are equal-opportunity employers.
16. JMI will not be bound by any condition, printed or otherwise, appearing on any insertion order or copy instructions when such conditions conflict with the conditions outlined in this policy statement.
17. The use of pixels, beacons, cookies, tracking tags, or similar technology in advertising creative by the advertiser to collect personally identifiable information is prohibited.
JMI accepts commercial advertising for its website and other modes of dissemination. For advertising inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertisers may cancel all or a portion of an Insertion Order by providing at least thirty (30) days prior written notice to Journal of Materials Informatics (JMI). Failure to provide timely notice shall result in Advertisers being liable to penalties as follows:
March 1, 2023